The Chemical Engineering SAGE Scholars program allows undergraduates to begin their graduate studies while completing undergraduate requirements. Spartan Accelerated Graduate Education (SAGE) Scholars Programs provide students with an integrative and cohesive educational experience that combines subject matter, pedagogy and research.
Students must adhere to the following minimum admissions requirements:
- Successfully completed a minimum of 75 Chemical Engineering BS applicable units and not more than 120 undergraduate degree applicable units at the time of admission in the program;
- Completed CHE 110B , CHE 115 , CHE 190 , and ENGR 100W with grades “B” or better;
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of admission; and,
- Completed all lower-division work (designated 1-99, including lower- division general education courses and American Institutions courses).
Students who have reached up to their first semester as classified seniors will remain eligible for entry into the SAGE program. Second semester, senior-level students enrolled in the term they expect to graduate from their baccalaureate degree are not eligible to enter into the SAGE program as these students will not gain the accelerated graduate-level benefit offered through the SAGE blended program option.
Requirements for program continuation and advancement to candidacy in the graduate program, include:
- Meeting every semester with an academic advisor to plan and track coursework and graduate status. Once the BS degree is conferred, students meet every semester with their graduate advisor to plan a formal course of study;
- Maintain GPA of 3.0 or higher with no individual grade below a C. Students not maintaining these standards will be placed on probation initially, followed by disqualification if the grades are not improved within two semesters; and,
- The proposed graduate program must be approved by the graduate coordinator before the student may be considered a candidate for the MS degree.
The following roadmap is a sample advising map to complete the SAGE Scholars program in 5 years. Please consult your MyPlanner and major advisor as you develop your individualized academic plan. Students must have completed 60+ units in order to enroll in SJSU Studies courses.