Your college student success center provides general education academic advising to ensure your academic success and help you achieve your educational goals. Undeclared students should visit the Undergraduate Advising and Success Center.
To make the most of your advising sessions, please observe the following:
- You must be a currently matriculated student at the time you make an appointment.
- Bring a complete set of all college transcripts–unofficial copies are acceptable.
- Bring a copy of your General Education certification if you attended a California Community College. A partial certification is acceptable.
- Review your MyProgress and MyPlanner reports prior to your appointment
- Learn the requirements for your major–see the SJSU Catalog for details.
- See your major advisor.
Note: Admitted students should wait until after attending an orientation program before requesting an appointment. Students who have not yet been admitted to SJSU should make an appointment for advising with Student Outreach and Recruitment at 408-924-2564.
Undergraduate Advising and Success Center
Academic Counseling Center for Excellence in the Social Sciences (ACCESS)
Clark Hall 240
College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) Student Success Center
MacQuarrie Hall 533 (Location 1)
Health Building 105 (Location 2)
College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) Student Success Center
Clark Hall 304
Engineering Student Success Center (ESSC)
Engineering Building, Room 344
Humanities and the Arts Student Success Center (HASSC)
Clark Hall 244
Jack Holland Success Center for College of Business
Boccardo Business Center (BBC) 008
Lurie College of Education Success Center
Sweeney Hall 106
College of Science Advising Center (CoSAC)
Duncan Hall (DH) 212